Saturday, January 12, 2013

Toddler Closet Organization

As I mentioned in a previous post, the organization bug has bitten me. I've been meaning to organize/clean out both of the girls' closets for a while and I've finally done it!! 

I wish I would have taken before pictures, but I didn't. :o( Anyway, here's what I did and how I did it.


Bins for book storage. We've got tons of books. I like to swap them out for the ones on Eve's bookshelf every now and then so I needed them to be accessible. I bought the blue bin at Target for $10. Then I found the green ones at the Dollar Store! 

Dress-up clothes. I bought hooks at the Dollar Store to hang her dress-up dresses on. I wasn't sure how it'd work because before this I had them all shoved into a box and it was easy for Eve to put them away (even though I did it most of the time). Turns out she LOVES to hang them up! I've had to stick the hooks back on the wall twice, but that's what you get for $1 items. I already had the stack of 3 drawers on the left and it works perfect for dress-up accessories.


Saw this on Pinterest. Love it! I use it for both Eve and the babies' lost socks.   


I decided to hang most of Eve's clothes and get bins for the rest. I already had these white ones but I saw some just like them at the Dollar Store. That's also where I got the polka dot bins. Shoes now go in the striped basket. Perfect, because it keeps Eve out of them and focused on her dress-up shoes for playing. I labeled the bins because we have 4 people in the house who could potentially dress Eve and because my step-daughter is here every now and then, I wanted to be clear where everything is. 


I HAVE DISCOVERED CLOTHES ROLLING!! What a space saver! In the bins are rolled panties, balled up socks, swimwear and rolled up knit pants and shorts. For more on rolling, check back when I post pics of the babies' closet and dresser. I went crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment